March 10, 2013

Moon Over Edisto


~*~
by Beth Webb Hart
A Christian Fiction Novel

Edisto Island was where it all came apart.
Can the Bennett girls ever be whole again?

Moon Over Edisto touched me deeply. Julia, the main character, feels like a friend. I sympathized with her and urged her through the tough times. I took my time delving into the intricacies of her life, and ultimately encapsulated myself in her world. I wish the book didn't end. I don't want to say goodbye to her (or the other characters) and I yearn for the story to continue.

Chapters are told from different points of view and give a well rounded view. I especially enjoyed little Etta's chapters--such insight and sweetness.

I recommend this book. Beth Webb Hart is an easy-listening type of storyteller, and Edisto feels like home.  The book is nicely paced with no lagging parts. I hope the author plans to write a sequel.

Cover: Love it
Title: Love it
Publisher: Thomas Nelson
Pages: 320
Pace: Never lagging
First Line: When the bright red delivery truck from Gravy parked halfway on the sidewalk by the doors of the Kent Risen Art Gallery on Prince Street, Etienne winked at Julia and went out to pay the delivery boy.

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookSneeze book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The options I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255