June 6, 2013

Why We Write


~*~
by Meredith Maran
Non-Fiction

20 Acclaimed Authors on How and Why They Do What They Do

I enjoyed the valuable insights that 20 contemporary writers shared in this book. From inspiration and motivation, to why they love this craft. This will nudge even the beginning writer to put their butt in a chair and write.


The various stories encapsulated in this little book encouraged me. It’s a relief to know that “I’m not the only one” to feel that way…get stuck…run into this roadblock…etc.

Not only a fun read, but informational and stimulating too.

Cover: Like it
Title: Like it
Publisher: Plume
Pages: 250
Pace: steady
First Line (Introduction): Why do writers write?

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the NetGalley book review program. I was not required to write a positive review. The options I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255