August 8, 2013

Snow on the Tulips

Christian Historical Fiction - by, Liz Tolsma



I really like that Snow on the Tulips was based on a true story. I’ve read books and watched movies about WWII, but Liz Tolsma wrote this in a more gentle way. That’s not to say that things were glossed over, she avoided the gory details that are often the focal point.

Sometimes while reading books with several characters, I find myself fanning back through the pages, trying to figure out who is who, but that wasn’t necessary in this book. The characters were well developed, and I was genuinely interested in their outcomes. I was drawn to Cornelia, and understood how she ‘lost herself.’

If you like historical fiction, I feel you’ll love this book. There were some slow parts, but I was never bored.

Cover: Like it
Title: Love it
Publisher: Thomas Nelson
Pages: 336
Pace: Slow/Steady
First Line: "Schnell, schnell!" A German soldier jammed the cold hard barrel of his rifle into Gerrit Laninga's back.

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received a Review Copy free from the BookSneeze blogger program. I was not required to write a positive review. The options I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255