March 17, 2014

Power Words

Look Inside HERE
I love the concept of this book—using words to empower us. Words can cut down or build up. If you doubt the power of words, tell a child they are stupid, ugly, or fat.

The information is separated into 5 sections, with 4-5 chapters in each one.

Part 1: The energy of Words
Part 2: Trigger Words for Every Purpose
Part 3: Power Words from Other Places and Other Times
Part 4: Lifting Words for Elevated Life
Part 5: Words to the Wise

This book is stimulating and contains a wealth of information, but I found it too overwhelming to read in one or two sittings. If I had taken a more leisurely pace, I may have absorbed more. That’s not to say I didn’t learn a lot. It made an impact on the words I will use (and not use.) Three of my favorite aspects of this book are learning what my desired trigger words are, the inspirational quotes scattered throughout, and The Energy of Colors in the Appendix 2.

Power Words isn’t the usual affirmation type of books I’ve read in the past – and that’s okay. I like the unique twist. I’ve no doubt I’ll revisit this book from time to time.

Cover: ok

Title: ok

Publisher: Hay House, Inc.

Pages: 266
First Lines: Words create undeniable power in the world. You’ve seen for yourself how words can inflate, crush, encourage, disappoint, and excite through your own life and across the world stage.

Disclosure of Material Connection:  I received a review copy from Hay House. I was not required to write a positive review. The options I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255.

Purchase Power Words: Igniting Your Life with Lightning Force at Amazon.