March 17, 2014

The Deeper Life

Look Inside HERE

If you long for spiritual renewal then you must make an intentional decision to do so. The practices displayed in this book can direct you through a transformation of how you think about life.

We all are curious about different aspects of our lives, and this book centers around 8 spiritual questions you’ve probably asked yourself.

     1.     Who Is God?
     2.     Who am I?
     3.     Why Am I Here?
     4.     What Really Matters?
     5.     What Shall I Do?
     6.     How Shall I Do It?
     7.     When Shall I Do It?
     8.     How Will I Finish?

After the introduction and questions are addressed, the author delivers Discovery Exercises and Discussion Questions—which, in my opinion, is the meat of the book. I found myself skimming through many pages and savoring the information near the last third of the book—where the most impact is made.

As with any other affirmation books, I like the stimulating effect this gives the reader. Filled with profound questions, practical tips and inspirational messages, this book has the potential to guide you to a deeper understanding of yourself and your God, and what your true purpose is.

There is valuable information in this book and can be very helpful to those who desire a better understanding of life…but, as I stated previously, I wasn’t drawn-in until the last third of the book. The beginning failed to fully grab my attention.

Publisher: Bethany House
Pages: 274
First Lines: Tragedy has a way of testing the heart. It also has a way of revealing the truth Because it’s in the chaos of life’s tragedies and how you react to them, that you learn the truth about yourself: what you believe about God, what you believe about yourself, what really matters…life’s deepest questions.


Disclosure of Material Connection:  I received a review copy from Bethany House. I was not required to write a positive review. The options I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255.

Purchase The Deeper Life: Satisfying The 8 Vital Longings Of Your Soul at Amazon.