June 24, 2014

The Bridge Tender



Emily Shaw feels she’s lost everything when her husband dies. She's not only lost the love of her life, but her dreams for the future are reduced to rubble. A gift from her husband leaves her with an added burden, and she wonders if she’ll ever climb from the wreckage.

Uprooting her life and moving to the seaside does little to change her heart or mind until she experiences a yearning to help a young girl who might be as lonely as she is, and an interest in a handsome bridge tender begins to smooth the edges of her pain.

This is a sweet story of a woman’s journey to find peace and contentment after an agonizing loss. Emily is a likeable character who garnered my sympathy. I felt her anguish, and liked how her story didn’t progress too quickly. One doesn’t ‘get over’ the death of a loved one overnight, so I’m pleased the author took the time to gently pull her from her grief.

A good summer read.      

Cover: Love it
Title: Love it
Publisher: Zondervan
Pages: 326
Pace: Steady
First Lines (prologue): Emily Shaw stood on the beach and watched as her husband emerged from the ocean, water beading on his newly tanned skin.

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received a Review Copy from the publisher through NetGalley and BookLook. I was not required to write a positive review. The options I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255



Purchase The Bridge Tender at Amazon!