July 14, 2014

90 Minutes in Heaven

The true story of death and life.


Wow. Even before I read the first chapter, I was drawn into Don Piper’s story. The update, and especially the succinct and moving prologue, intrigued me, and made it nearly impossible to not read further.

I love the honest, humble, simplistic, and unapologetic way the author presents his story. He doesn’t use flowery words or exaggerated phrases, just a down-to-earth (no pun intended) conversational tone.
While reading the first chapter I read the following paragraph several times:

“Many times since then I’ve thought about my decision to take the Gulf Freeway. It’s amazing how we pay no attention to simple decisions at the time they’re made. Yet I would remind myself that even the smallest decisions often hold significant consequences. This was one of those choices.”

Oh my. These statements really resonated with me. There has been so many times in my life that, as I looked back, I recognized how tiny, seemingly insignificant choices majorly impacted my life.

As we read books (fiction or non-fiction), we hope to be transported somewhere – whether it’s in the past, the future, or a whole new world. This book definitely does that. It displays the beauty and wonder of Heaven in the best earthly words possible, and gives us a tiny glimpse of the Glory of God’s gifts.

I encourage you to read this book. Glimpse into Heaven and get a ‘feel’ for what awaits those saved by faith in God’s grace. 90 Minutes in Heaven is a life-changing, soul-blessing story.

Cover: Like it
Title: Like it
Publisher: Revell
Pages: 256
Pace: Steady/Fast
First Lines (prologue): I died on January 18, 1989.


Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the Revell Books book review program. I was not required to write a positive review. The options I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255