July 14, 2014

Love Comes Home

When the flush of victory fades, there remains a winding road to an uncertain future.


When I chose Love Comes Home I wasn’t aware it was part of a series,  so I’m pleased that this book served well as a stand alone.


The story focuses on the lives of four sisters, Kate, Lorena, Evangeline, and Victoria Merritt. The sisters and the townsfolk of Rosy Corner welcome home their soldiers and celebrate the end of WWII. They are finally able to get on with their lives and live their dreams—except for Victoria, who’s husband isn’t coming home. Her situation is much different than her sisters, yet they each have their own tribulations.


Each of these sisters’ personalities are so different, as their circumstances are, and I cared for each of them—even Evangeline, who could be self-absorbed. They all had their own struggles and dealt with them in diverse, believable ways. I enjoyed the different points of view, although sometimes the transitions weren’t as smooth as I would’ve liked, but I kept turning the pages and delving deeper into this family and time period.

I enjoy stories sprinkled with romance (this one was sprinkled generously) and history. The sisters' stories sucked me in and took me to a time and place I’ve never been; yet the setting felt familiar somehow. The small town feel, the bold, rich characters, and the satisfying ending makes me want to return to Rosy Corner and read the other books in this series.

Cover: It's Okay
Title: Love it
Publisher: Revell
Pages: 385
Pace: Steady
First Lines: The news was good. The news was wonderful. Kate Tanner grabbed her notebook and headed out of the newspaper building to join the people spilling out onto the Lexington, Kentucky, streets.


Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the Revell Books book review program. I was not required to write a positive review. The options I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255



No comments:

Post a Comment

I am a comment lover!