July 9, 2014

Until I Found You

Finding each other was only the beginning . . .


I am a cover lover, and this cover art is lovely! It drew me in and made me want to read the book (even though I’m turned off by many “headless” covers.) The back cover blurb illustrates a unique storyline, and drew me in further.

The first few chapters introduced me to the characters and were filled with action, but the rest of the story sort of lost me. Not completely, but here and there throughout the rest of the book.

Learning information about the condors, and especially Kate’s grandmother’s history, intrigued me, but I never really connected to Kate. She was wishy-washy and detached. Nick, on the other hand, was attention grabbing. He has an interesting background and his conviction and dedication to his newfound faith felt genuine. His character was flawed and authentic and I rooted for him.

Overall, the storyline was good and I liked the underlying theme of redemption. I just felt the thread that could’ve kept this story flowing more naturally was somewhat lost in Kate’s lack of respect for Nick’s faith and principles. I failed to identify with her.

Cover: Love it
Title: Love it
Publisher: Baker Publishing Group
Pages: 352
Pace: Steady
First Lines (Chapter 1): Kate Darby clutched the steering wheel of her BMW with both hands. According to the state of California, San Miguel Highway was only the twenty-sixth most dangerous road in the state. That’s why the county refused to pay for guardrails to protect motorists from the cliffs looming on the outer edge of the slick asphalt.


Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book from Bethany House. I was not required to write a positive review. The options I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am a comment lover!