August 24, 2014

JUICE: Recipes for Juicing, Cleansing & Well Living

Purchase JUICE HERE!


This book is an interesting way to bring healthier foods into your daily life. It’s effectively organized into three parts: juicing, recipes, and cleansing. The table of contents is very helpful in navigating the book, and gives a good sense of what to expect from each section. It’s more than a recipe book. It’s an information guide on how to choose a juicer, what enzymes and nutrients are in fresh pressed juices, the physical (internal and external) benefits of juicing and cleansing, and so much more.

The recipes are easy to prepare, and don’t contain a laundry list of ingredients. The practical sections cover anything from sweet to savory, roots to fruits, and citrus to milk. The back of the book even gives measurement conversions for those who use metric or Celsius scales.

I haven’t tried the savory recipes yet, but some of my favorites that I’ve prepared so far are the Chia Almond Smoothie, (delicious, although I omitted the mango) Almond Milk, (with a bonus recipe for Almond meal cookies) and the easy-peasy Watermelon Mint fruit juice.

The quality of this book is excellent. The hard cover is sturdy and smooth, and JUICE is clearly seen on the spine when upright on a bookshelf. The pages have a semi-gloss feel and there are full-page illustrations on nearly every-other page. I love recipe books with full-page photo spreads! The illustrations are inspiring, and surprisingly enough, the recipes I’ve tried look comparable.

I found the extra little tidbits, such as the worth of watermelon rinds, fascinating. The rinds have anti-fungal properties, and once chopped, they can be used in your juicer to create a mild, tasty drink that produces antioxidant effects.

If you are curious about juicing, or cleansing, or just want fun juice, milk, or smoothie recipes, this is an inspiring (and healthy) way to get on track. Highly recommended.

Publisher: Ten Speed Press
Pages: 160

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received a copy from the Blogging for Books program. I was not required to write a positive review. The options I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am a comment lover!