August 20, 2014

The Dawning of Indestructible Joy - Audiobook




Christmas is a time for joy, a celebration of the birth of Jesus Christ, but oftentimes we get caught up in the hustle and bustle of purchasing and wrapping gifts, decorating our homes, and sending greeting cards. With this lovely book (or audio book) we are reminded to deepen and strengthen our faith and understanding.

The Dawning of Indestructible Joy is broken down into twenty-five devotions, each guiding us through Advent, December 1 to Christmas Day. The topics are clear and different from other devotional books I’ve read. These devotions reveal clarity to what advent it all about, why Christmas happened, what mercy promises us, and enjoying God’s grace.

Audio Production Quality: I’m not a fan of background music that is often found in audio books, so I was pleased this one does not have it. The quality is clear, with no popping, skipping, or any other unwanted distractions.

Audio Narration: To be honest, I wasn’t drawn in by the introduction. It felt disjointed with the announcements of the related Bible verses. I understand it is needed, but I feel it would flow smoother in a physical or ebook, because the eye naturally skips over references like this. I found it a tad distracting in an audio read. My attention wasn’t full until the actual devotions begun.

Maurice England, the narrator, is a good fit. His authoritative and smooth voice gives this audio book a pleasant sound. With his deep tone, he presents his reading like a preacher would. There wasn’t anything about the narration that I didn’t like, and would most certainly purchase another audio book with Mr. England as the narrator.

Overall, The Dawning of Indestructible Joy is an uplifting, inspiring read. Although I listened to my copy during summertime, it has brought the joy and magic of Christmas.


Publisher: christianaudio
Audio Length: 1:49:17
Pages: 98
First Lines (introduction): It was a drenching moment for me that Advent. A man in our church had just prayed the words of John 1:14-16 in a pre-service prayer meeting. God granted me in that moment that the word “fullness” fill me. It was an extraordinary experience. There was a kind of Holy Spirit soaking.  

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received a Review Copy from christianaudio. I was not required to write a positive review. The options I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255





Purchase The Dawning of Indestructible Joy at christianaudio!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I am a comment lover!