September 17, 2014

Sweet




Through the years I’ve been disappointed by a string of cookbooks. They’re now hidden away in the back of my kitchen cabinet, neglected because they’re either boring, complex, or unpractical.

SWEET, a new cookbook by the editors of Food Network Magazine, is different. This attractive paperback sits proudly on my kitchen shelf. It is interesting, beautiful, straightforward, and sensible.

Illustrations: First and foremost, I must mention the striking photos of each recipe. Colorful, appetizing, and oh-so-inspiring!

Recipes: The instructions are easy to understand and the recipe ingredients are “normal.” (Not obscure items I’ve never heard of.) This isn’t just a book about cakes and cupcakes. It includes a variety of yummies that are as fun to make, as they are to eat. Some are even fun to look at. (Fake-Out and Show-Off Cakes—sure to impress a crowd.)

Categories: Cupcakes & Whoopie Pies, Cookies & Bars, Candy & Snacks, Pies & Crumbles, Fake-Out Cakes, Show-Off Cakes, Frozen Treats, and Holiday Desserts. (The fake-out cakes look awesome. Who wouldn’t love a cake that looks like a cheeseburger, flowerpot, candy bar, or even steak and fries? Though I haven’t attempted it yet, the Caramel Apple Cake is one I must make!)

Recommendation: This book is the best cookbook of yummy sweets I’ve come across. Though some of the recipes seem a little intimidating (Fake-Out Cakes) I think they’d be fun experiments—especially for parents of young children. I recommend it to anyone who either likes to eat sweets, cook them for others, or even if they just like looking at pretty pictures. (Wink.)

Cover: Love it
Title: Love it
Publisher: Clarkson Potter (Random House LLC)
Pages: 336


Disclosure of Material Connection: I received a copy from Blogging for Books. I was not required to write a positive review. The options I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am a comment lover!