October 25, 2014

Jewel of Ramstone - Cover Reveal



The crack of a branch wreaked havoc with her heartbeat. She dove for the dagger, nearly rolling into the hot coals. “Who,”— she cleared her throat—”Who goes there?” 


Wowsie! Isn’t this a hot cover? J.M. Powers sure knows how to dream up dreamy heroes and heroines. Doesn’t this beautiful artistry make you want to read Jewel of Ramstone?

Me. Want.

If the cover isn’t enough to make you preorder and put on the tippy-top of your Books-I-Wanna-Read waiting list, then I’m sure the following blurb will.

Awaking in the forest, a young maiden recalls naught—including her name. Equally conflicting is her desire to both slap and kiss Sir Galeron, the knight who claims to have protected her while she was unconscious. Much to her chagrin, he dubs her "Ruby of the Forest", due to her red hair, and insists she find refuge at his home of Ramstone. Prickling at his demanding ways, but with no other option, she accepts his offer. And although his kiss flames her attraction even more, Galeron dashes it with a confession. The brute is trothed to another.
Ruby's journey is filled with laughter and weeping, daydreams and discovered abilities. But never does she feel complete. Her heart longs for a future that her past may destroy. Evil lurks, treading on each tidbit of memory she recovers. Will Ruby ever recall her past? And after an attack in the village that sparks a horrific nightmare, does she even want to?  


Q&A with J.M. Powers


Q: Who is your amazing cover artist?
A: Victoria Miller. She’s created all my covers. I love the way she takes my suggestions and makes my covers reflect the story inside.

Q: How did you come up with the title for your book?
A: My sister, who I always brainstorm with, helped me incorporate a main idea from the story into the title.

Q: Please reveal a favorite line or scene from your book.
A: Without giving a spoiler, I’d have to say a scene where Ruby rescues a boy during an attack in the village.

Q: How and when was this story inspired?
A: Believe it or not, a reoccurring nightmare inspired my story!

Q: For my last question, is there anything about the process of writing this book that surprised you?
A: Yes, I was surprised how the characters developed as the story progressed. Their personalities made it easier to write how they would react in any situation. Another surprise I encountered was how bereft I felt once the story was finished. I missed the world of Ramstone so much, that I began the next book in the series.









J.M. Powers harbors an alter ego of a normal woman named Jeannie. (Her editor is still on the fence about the whole 'normal' thing.) Jeannie's proficient at research, gluten-free cooking, and embarrassing her teenagers by wearing skinny jeans to the grocery store. J.M., the author-ego, plunges so deep into her writing; she forgets life outside her creations still goes on. More often than not, J.M. answers with a glassy stare when her family asks what's for dinner. Despite the craziness between reality and the world of writing, life falls together without broken bones or hearts.