November 7, 2014

At Bluebonnet Lake (Texas Crossroads Book #1)


Purchase At Bluebonnet Lake at AMAZON. 



At Bluebonnet Lake is a gentle flowing story about Kate Sherwood, a city girl in a fast-paced job, who visits a rustic (and rundown) resort with her grandmother. She not only faces the prospect of love, but she finds herself as well.

Rainbow’s End, though a ramshackle country resort, holds a unique charm, just as the patrons staying there. The amenities are quaint, and definitely behind the times, with sketchy Internet and phone signals, but that might just be what these people need. Get away from the hustle and bustle and experience what really matters in life.

To be honest, the beginning moved a little slowly and it took me a bit to get totally immersed, but ultimately, I enjoyed the story and the nostalgic presence residing throughout. I wasn’t particularly drawn to Kate at first, but she grew on me as the story progressed. Her personality seemed a little mismatched for her business paced job, making her a tad unbelievable, but that aside, she was easy to relate to and ultimately I grew to like her. I loved Kate’s grandmother, Sally. But what warmed my heart most was the simplistic romance between Kate and Greg.

If you like contemporary sweet romances without over-the-top drama, this is a good choice. A heart-warming, nostalgic story of becoming who you’re meant to be, slowing down, and enjoying life to the fullest.

3 stars


Cover: Okay
Title: Like it
Publisher: Revell
Pages: 384
Pace: slow beginning, then steady
First Lines: It had to be an April Fool’s joke. Any second, Sally would laugh and tell Kate to turn the car around, that they weren’t really going to spend a month in a place that—if the front gate was any indication—was in desperate need of an extreme makeover.



Disclosure of Material Connection: I received a Review Copy from the publisher. I was not required to write a positive review. The options I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 


1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for taking the time to read and review my book. I'm glad you enjoyed it -- especially Sally. She was so much fun to write.

    ReplyDelete

I am a comment lover!