December 23, 2014

A Holiday Miracle in Apple Blossom


“I understand all that factual, logical stuff. But steadfast, unwavering faith is what we truly need in this situation. A belief that the details will work out to create an environment for a miracle to blossom.”

A Holiday Miracle in Apple Blossom is a saccharine-sweet novella exhibiting the effects of compassion and kindness on the human soul.

Teacher Amber Kellen is reasonably concerned about Mary Noel, one of her six-year-old students. Mary was injured in an accident and has stopped communicating or participating in daily events. With a soft and compassionate heart, Amber seeks out a way to help little Mary Noel, and is thankful for the help of her new friend Paul, a kind and handsome man who works for Mary Noel’s father. The community rally’s together to bring healing to the Noel family and Amber and Paul find unexpected results to their efforts.

First off, I want to mention the adorable cover art for this novella. It oozes with Christmas spirit and romance. I also enjoyed the Christian values and ‘clean’ romance portrayed. The messages shared throughout this story are clear and follow biblical principles. With no offensive content, even young children could read this without parents worrying there might be anything teetering on the brink of inappropriate. As I mentioned before, it’s a syrupy-sweet story.

What I found lacking was my attachment to the characters. They felt a bit Little House on the Prairie-ish, a bit too innocent and almost Amish. The time period feels antiquated, and the scenarios seemed to fall into place too quick and easy.

If you are looking for a sweet, innocent, idealistic holiday story, A Holiday Miracle in Apple Blossom is the book for you. It’s a feel-good novella for any age reader.

3 Stars

Publisher: Sweetwater Books Imprint, Cedar Fort Publishing & Media.
Pages: 240
Look Inside the book: Here


Disclosure of Material Connection: I received a Review Copy from the publisher. I was not required to write a positive review. The options I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255