January 4, 2015

Always On My Mind



Or maybe he was simply afflicted with an overactive imagination. The ability to tell himself a good tale, make himself believe it. Like the fact that he could have a happily ever after with a woman who clearly saw him as second choice. See, there she went again, tiptoeing into his brain and perching there.


If you’ve been following this series, then you’ll enjoy the rich history and mystery of Deep Haven, Minnesota and the Christiansen family. Always On My Mind is book 4 of the series, but can be read as a standalone.

Poor Casper. His dreams of rekindling his love with Raina when he returns home to Minnesota are shattered when he discovers she’s pregnant with someone else’s baby.  Yikes. What a blow. But as his work brings him close to her, their friendship begins to heal, but the past constantly knocks at their door, threatening to destroy everything.

Poor Raina. Her self-worth and self-esteem has been pushed down so far she’s uncertain it will ever surface again. And to top things off, Casper’s return leaves her unsettled.

I love the Christian aspects of this work and the family relationships. The author’s voice is so strong, so believable. I didn’t notice any plot holes or inconsistencies, the tension and pacing were spot on, and my emotions were held prisoner. It’s a realistic Christian romance with loveable, flawed characters.

4 stars.

Cover: Like it
Title: Love it
Publisher: Tyndale House Publishers, Inc.
Pages: 400
Pace: Steady
First Lines: A man stuck in paradise should have someone to share it with. Especially on New Year’s Eve.


Disclosure of Material Connection: I received a Review Copy from Tyndale House. I was not required to write a positive review. The options I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255