January 24, 2015

If You Were Me and Lived in Russia


“So now you see, if you were me, how life in Russia could really be.”


If You Were Me and Lived in…Russia is part of the “If You Were Me and Lived In…” children’s book series. It takes young readers on an educational journey to Eurasia.

The book opens to a highlighted map pinpointing Russia’s location, and continues through colorfully illustrated pages depicting the geographic, cultural, and historical aspects of the area. Local names (such as Ivan and Tatiana, visit-worthy attractions (Red Square and the Kremlin) and everyday foods, activities, and more, are also described. 

It’s interesting to learn how people live in different parts of the world. These differences and similarities show young readers how the diversity of cultures is what makes our world more interesting and colorful.

I recommend this brilliant series for young readers and explorers who are curious about the world. These books make unique gifts.


4.5 stars (Another favorite in the series.)

Cover: Like it
Title: Like it
Pages: 18
Target Reader: Elementary school age children
First Line: “If you were me and lived in Russia (rush-a), you would live in Northern Eurasia (Ur-ray-ja).”

Learn more about Carole P. Roman HERE.



Disclosure of Material Connection: I received a Review Copy from the author. I was not required to write a positive review. The options I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.