January 26, 2015

At Home in Last Chance


…When Kaitlyn found herself alone and penniless and beginning to understand what a world-class idiot she had been, Chris, without a word of recrimination, brought her home and took her in (page 9)


At Home in Last Chance, by Cathleen Armstrong, is a story of creating new beginnings and learning to trust others as well as yourself.

I wish I’d realized this is book 3 in a series. Even though this works as a standalone, I feel as if I’ve missed some of the history of this book that would’ve made it even more enjoyable. With that said, I still enjoyed this story and felt a connection with the characters and charming town of Last Chance.

Kaitlyn Reed is struggling to put her life back in order, making it difficult to have faith in others, which gives her relationship with Steven Braden the tension needed to keep me turning pages. I like that their relationship takes some time. This makes the characters and plot believable.

With themes of hope, redemption, and learning to trust, At Home in Last Chance gives the reader an easy, inspiring, charming story of love.

4 Stars

Cover: Like it
Title: Like it
Publisher: Revell
Pages: 208
Pace: Steady
First Line: Pure and simple, Kaitlyn Reed hated her job.

Look inside or purchase At Home in Last Chance HERE.


About the Author:
Cathleen Armstrong lives in the San Francisco Bay Area with her husband, Ed, and their corgi. Though she has been in California for many years now, her roots remain deep in New Mexico where she grew up and where much of her family still lives. After she and Ed raised three children, she returned to college and earned a BA in English. Her debut novel Welcome to Last Chance won the 2009 American Christian Fiction Writers Genesis Award for Women's Fiction. She is also the author of One More Last Chance.



Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book from the publisher through Revell. I was not required to write a positive review. The options I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.