February 9, 2015

Snuggle Time Devotions That End with a Hug!


This book will get you and your child laughing, playing, and hugging—all while growing closer to God!


Snuggle Time Devotions That End with a Hug!, created by Stephen Elkins, is a cute way to introduce children to stories of the Bible. The devotions are steadily paced and easy to understand, perfect for bedtime rituals.


Appearance: The book is encased in a unique cushiony and thick cover, decorated with nature, flying and creeping things, cute animals, and children of diverse nationalities.


Contents: The book contains a table of contents, a brief letter to parents and grandparents explaining what to expect from the book, and then continues on to the fifty-two rhyming Bible stories.

Each story section contains:
            * The story title with a pertaining verse(s) enclosed in a heart-shaped ribbon
            * my snuggle up story (short story-poem)
            * my snuggle time takeaway (devotional thoughts)
            * my Bible time activity (games/activities that demonstrate each story lesson)
            * hug! time (a prompt to give the little one a hug)


Illustrations: Every page is illustrated with charming colorful drawings, sure to capture children’s attention. I like that the characters shown are from diverse cultures, and the many animals, birds, and creatures are cute additions.


My thoughts: This adorable book makes discovering the Bible fun, and spending snuggle time with young ones both satisfying and edifying. The stories are short, sweet, and entertaining.

I recommend this book to any parent, grandparent, or childcare worker, eager to share the Word of God with their little treasures. And ending devotion time with a hug makes it that much more memorable.


5 Stars!


Cover: Love it
Title: Love it
Publisher: Tyndale House Publishers, Inc.
Pages: 168
Series: Share a Hug!
Target audience: 3-6 age range


Disclosure of Material Connection: I received a Review Copy from Tyndale House. I was not required to write a positive review. The options I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I am a comment lover!