March 9, 2015

You're Loved No Matter What


We live in a world with millions of words. Yet out of all those syllables and sentences, two little letters seem to hold the most power: “no.”


You’re Loved No Matter What, by Holley Gerth, isn’t exactly a devotional (though it incorporates faith, God, and grace.) And it isn’t only a self-help guide (though it helps you to help yourself.) It’s more like a true friend, guiding you through issues you might have with perfection, guilt, or a myriad of other things. Inspiring you to be your true self.


“Perfectionism is about what we do.
Growth is about who we are becoming.” 

This interactive book utilizes God’s Word as a foundation. It contains exercises to help you discover the roots of your need for perfection, your Myers-Briggs personality type and what it reveals about you, and ways you can incorporate gratitude into your life, etc.

I am a perfectionist in many aspects of my life. I like things tidy. My books are arranged in alphabetical order, by author, and DVDs by title. All can labels in my pantry are front facing, bathroom towels are tri-folded with seams down, and the free end of toilet paper should never come from beneath the roll. The print is on the outer side of the roll, therefore to display it correctly it must roll over rather than under.

Okay, those are all silly hang-ups, I know. But sometimes we incorporate these hang-ups into our personal lives. All silliness aside, the bottom line is we aren’t perfect. It’s okay to be flawed, because no matter what—we are perfectly loved.

“Life is not about standing still. It’s about moving forward.”

To be perfectly honest, I enjoyed this book more than I expected to. I’ve read a lot of spiritually based non-fiction books, but this one is unique. It communicates real truths in a real way with great clarity.

The goal of this book is beautiful in its simplicity, yet the inspiration it provides is out of this world.

4.5 Stars.


Cover: Like it
Title: Like it
Publisher: Revell
Pages: 224
First Lines (Introduction): Here’s the scandalous truth: we can be loved, accepted, happy, and less stressed without being perfect. Truly.


Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book from the publisher through Revell. I was not required to write a positive review. The options I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.