April 24, 2015

A Heart's Danger


“I can’t pine after Rand the rest of my days. He’s made his decision very clear.” ~ A Heart’s Danger

A Heart’s Danger, by Colleen Coble, is book three of a six-part Journey of the Heart series. I haven’t read the previous two books, but that didn’t keep me from becoming completely enthralled by this one.

I love the concept of these ‘mini’ stories, easily read in a day, but swelling with action, adventure, and love. The characters are easy to friend, and are difficult to part with. Reading a book in this time period, 1866, is new to me, but I was quickly immersed into battles with the Sioux, and hardships of the rugged western territories.

As I stated before, I didn’t start this series at the beginning, but I certainly want to now! I love Sarah’s tenacity, and Rand’s devotion and courage. I want to find out more about them, their history.

I’ve read other works by Colleen Coble, a gifted Christian writer, and have never been disappointed. From the settings to the character arcs, I love every aspect of her writings, and can’t wait to continue (and backtrack) through this Journey of the Heart.

4.5 Stars

Cover: Love it
Title: Love it
Publisher: Thomas Nelson
Pages: 112
Pace: Fast
First lines: The morning sun glinted on the patches of remaining snow as Sarah Montgomery hurried along to the Sioux encampment. Soldiers practiced in the big parade ground, lined by fort buildings, and the sound of bugles pierced the cold air.


Disclosure of Material Connection: I received a Review Copy from the publisher through BookLook and NetGalley. I was not required to write a positive review. The options I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am a comment lover!