April 24, 2015

Better All the Time


When her sister had gone, Sephy lay on her side for a long time, staring at the wall and hating Amy just the littlest bit. But hating herself even more. ~Better All the Time

Better All the Time, by Carre Armstrong Gardner, displays an accurate look into family dynamics with the Darling family. With strengths and flaws, each member feels like someone I know. Disagreements and disillusions can appear in any family and still stand strong, as long as the foundation is built of love.

This story includes themes of addiction, forgiveness, faith, and self-acceptance.

I enjoyed the Maine setting, the lively, vivid characters, and the many stories within the story (which I admit can be tricky to follow at times.) But in the end I enjoyed delving into the lives of Sephy, Amy, and Laura most of all.

*Note: There are some topics that readers may find surprising in Christian fiction. The topics are not offensive, but for sensitive readers, it’s best to be informed the book contains alcohol, sexual orientation, addiction, etc.

4 Stars

Cover: Like it
Title: Love it
Publisher: Tyndale Publishers, Inc.
Pages: 416
First Lines: In the backyard of a house in Maine, as the light was beginning to take on the peculiar slant of a late spring afternoon, the party was just getting started.

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received a Review Copy from Tyndale House. I was not required to write a positive review. The options I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.







No comments:

Post a Comment

I am a comment lover!