May 29, 2015

How to Enjoy Reading Your Bible



How to Enjoy Reading Your Bible, by Keith Ferrin, is a 160-page paperback book that provides a new approach to reading the Bible. It shares 10 sensible tips aiming to help readers discover a deeper relationship with God as they find new joy within the pages of the Bible.

"God has much to teach us. We have much to learn. But don’t miss the story. It is such a fantastic story! There are heroes, battles, and villains. There are crazy characters, and yes, some dull ones. There are plot twists, mystery, and intrigue. There is humor. Lots of it. I’m not kidding. (Pun intended. Forgive me.)" – Page 20

As the books introduction so poignantly points out, it’s one thing to believe the Bible is true, and to believe you should read it more, study it more deeply, and memorize its verses—but do you enjoy reading it?

The tips provided prompt the reader to examine why they are reading the Bible, where to set your expectations, how to build a strategy, etc. Some things I find especially helpful are the application study guides at the end of each chapter, helpful scripture verses to soak in, brief, meaningful prayers, and reading challenges and study plans.

If you have a desire to soak up God’s word and hope to find new joy in the messages He provides for you, I recommend this book. It is a small handbook packed with helpful tips to find a new and powerful joy in reading the Bible.

4 Stars

Cover: Like
Title: Okay
Publisher: Bethany House Publishers
Pages: 160
First Lines (introduction): I didn’t always enjoy reading the Bible. Not that I disliked it. I didn’t even think about enjoying it.

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received a Review Copy from Bethany House. I was not required to write a positive review. The options I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.