July 7, 2015

A Heart's Home



A Heart’s Home, by Colleen Coble, is the final book in the Journey of the Heart six-book series. It takes place at Fort Phil Kearny, Wyoming Territory, 1866.

Ahh… That’s my clearest sentiment after finishing this series. A Heart’s Home is such a satisfying end to this stimulating series. With stirring aspects of mystery, suspense, heartbreak, and redemption, I couldn’t ask for more.

She felt like hugging herself. “I still can’t believe I’m going to be married.” ~ pg 1, A Heart’s Home

I really appreciate the setting and I’ve learned new facts about this place and time in history. (Which is one of the reasons I love historical fiction!) The cast of characters feels familiar and I’ll miss them terribly—especially Emmie, Isaac, and Sarah. Their growth is evident, and I find their faith, inner strength, and love inspiring.

The lump in Emmie’s throat threatened to choke her. She couldn’t lose Isaac, not when she’d just found him. ~ A Heart’s Home 
Colleen Coble has created an engaging, memorable series of books, and has a smooth narrative voice. The ‘mini’ story concept is somewhat unique and I love it! Each installment is easily read in a day, but there’s no shortage in content. I’ve read several other works by this author and have never been disappointed. From the settings to the character arcs, I love every aspect of her writing.


5 Stars

Cover: Love it
Title: Love it
Publisher: Thomas Nelson
Pages: 112
Pace: Fast
First lines: The little fort in the wilderness bustled with activity outside the kitchen window. The distant sound of the post band practicing mingled with the sound of soldiers practicing maneuvers on the parade ground.

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received a Review Copy from the publisher through BookLook and NetGalley. I was not required to write a positive review. The options I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am a comment lover!