July 21, 2015

Noah's Voyage



I have set my rainbow in the clouds, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and the earth. ~Genesis 9:13 (NIV)

Noah’s Voyage, illustrated by David Miles, is an entertaining and educational read with vivid illustrations and simple wording to introduce readers to the Biblical story of Noah’s Ark.

I just love the Zonderkidz I Can Read! series. For those who are not familiar with this series of books and the various reading levels, I’ve listed them here:

 

 

My Very First: Ideal for introducing children to reading
My First: Ideal for sharing with emergent readers
1: Simple sentences for eager new readers
2: High-interest stories for developing readers
3: Complex plots for confident readers
4: The perfect bridge to chapter books

Noah’s Voyage is a level 2 with an audience age level of 4-8 year olds. The illustrations are colorful, fun, and the story accurately depicts the story of Noah in simple terms. It focuses on Noah’s faith and obedience as well as God’s plan and promise.

The last page, titled People in Bible Times, has a verse, an informational paragraph about Noah, and a Did You Know section containing facts about the size and construction of the ark.

5 Stars!

Cover: Like it
Title: Love it
Publisher: Zonderkidz
Pages: 32
First Lines: It was quiet in Noah’s tent. Everyone was sleeping. Noah was thinking about his voyage on the ark.

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received a Review Copy from the publisher through BookLook and NetGalley. I was not required to write a positive review. The options I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am a comment lover!