August 14, 2015

Autumn Brides


Autumn Brides: A Year of Weddings, by Kathryn Springer, Katie Ganshert, and Beth K. Vogt, is a charming novella collection. This book includes the September, October, and November weddings of this Year of Weddings series. (I have not read the previous installments.)

I adore novellas. It’s nice to have shorter reads after entertaining a string of longer novels. I also like being able to complete a story before bed. It’s often too difficult to stop turning pages when my brain tells me I need rest. (HaHa) Novellas afford me the luxury of reaching a satisfying stopping point before nodding off to dreamland.

These are entertaining, satisfying reads. First of all, because the medley of authors are expertly skilled in their craft. Secondly, because each novella pulls readers in and keeps them absorbed. The heroines (Annie, Emma, and Sadie) are easy to relate to, and I truly care about what happens to them.

A September Bride, by Kathryn Springer, focuses on Annie’s and Jesse’s unexpected romance.

An October Bride, by Katie Ganshert, focuses on Emma’s and Jake’s complicated relationship. This is my favorite of the trio. It is infused with autumn romance and yumminess.

A November Bride, by Beth Vogt, focuses on Sadie and her just for fun dates with Erik.

I enjoyed this trio of novellas. Written with humor and realistic, satisfying scenarios, they’re sure to entertain even the pickiest of readers.

4.5 Stars


Cover: Love
Title: Love
Publisher: Zondervan
Pages: 352
Pace: Fast

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received a Review Copy from BookLook. I was not required to write a positive review. The options I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.





1 comment:

  1. This looks like a book I would like to read. I love how this matches the daisies on your blog

    ReplyDelete

I am a comment lover!