August 21, 2015

The Time Garden (Coloring Book)


I’m a child at heart, and have always enjoyed coloring. When my children were little, I’d let them each pick out a coloring book to purchase, and I’d pick one out for myself. It’s a relaxing and enjoyable pastime, and I’m not embarrassed to say that even though I’m now an empty nester, I have a stack of coloring books and several boxes of treasured Crayola crayons.

With that said, I am now excited that I don’t have to color childlike princesses, animals, or Disney characters! I’ve recently discovered there are coloring books for adults!

The Time Garden, by best-selling Korean pen and ink artist Daria Song, is filled with childlike wonder and make-believe, but the pages are so intricate that adults will find them both challenging and satisfying.

This magical journey and coloring book, as it’s labeled on the front cover, is so entertaining, enjoyable, and creative! And how cool is it that the book has a fun storyline to go with it? And how delightful to make the pages come alive with color. I plan to complete mine from cover to cover and use it as a coffee table/conversation book.

Storyline: A curious young girl takes a magical journey behind the doors of a mystifying cuckoo clock. Owls, stars, and fairies—oh my!

As she continued her journey, she saw a series of beautiful worlds one after the other, each full of mystery and allure. ~excerpt from The Time Garden storyline.

Craftsmanship: The softbound book has a beautiful, colorable slipcover with sparkling gold inlays that give it an elegant appearance. The pages are made from thick cardstock, which assures colors won't bleed or show through to the backside of the page.

Suggestions: Using crayons might be a little taxing, since it might be difficult to color within some of the tinier lines, so I suggest using coloring pencils instead.

This coloring book is beautiful, creative, and makes me giddy with childlike excitement. Sounds silly – but I don’t care. I love this book and the hours of entertainment it will provide. I’m thrilled to learn there is a sequel, The Time Chamber, and will most certainly be purchasing it as well.

If you are a creative soul and enjoy coloring and or pen and pencil crafts, I can’t think of a single reason you would not adore this art book. The to/from section on the first page makes it easy to present it as a unique and thoughtful gift.

5 Stars!

Cover: Love
Title: Love
Publisher: Watson-Guptill
Pages: 80
Target ages: 10 and up
Release date: September 1, 2015

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received a copy from Blogging for Books. I was not required to write a positive review. The options I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.








6 comments:

  1. I just received The Time Garden in the mail! Your suggestion to use color pencils is so true! Crayons would be too thick. I can't wait to try thin markers as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh - Markers would be bold and beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh--I want one! I love to color. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheryl I got this book as well. I am glad there are others that love to color as adults. I almost squealed with excitement . I agree with you on the pencils. Crayons would be too difficult. Markers what an idea the pages are thick enough so the colors shouldn't bleed through. This book is adorable.
    Thank you for letting me know of the sequel I will be buying that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's silly how excited I am about this. haha I discovered there are metallic coloring pencils and plan to get those too! Yeeeeeee Weeeeeeee

      Delete

I am a comment lover!