August 30, 2015

Until the Harvest


Take this journey of broken souls restored and tentative hearts brought fully to life ~from back cover

Until the Harvest, book #2 in the Appalachian Blessings series, by Sarah Loudin Thomas, is such a great read. I love this series and want to visit the setting and time (though it a difficult era) these stories take place. Ms. Thomas is a gifted storyteller and infuses each tale with just the right amount of emotion.

Let both grow together until the harvest. ~Matthew 13:24-30

This story takes place in Appalachia, a charming, if not difficult setting. The Characters, many of whom I grew to love in Appalachian Serenade (The introduction novella of the series) and Miracle in a Dry Season (book 1) are so memorable. I rooted for them and cared about their circumstances.

Until the Harvest is filled with emotion. As with the two previous stories, I enjoyed the goodness that lies beneath the surface of this town. I won’t soon forget this story, the characters, or the sentiments ingrained in my heart. This is a lovely novel with solid Christian principles.

5 Stars

Cover: Love it
Title: Love it
Publisher: Bethany House Publishers
Pages: 304
First Lines: Henry Phillips sliced into the venison steak on his plate and savored the rich meatiness of it. Mom always cooked his favorites when he came home from college, and this Christmas break was no different.


I received a Review Copy from Bethany House and NetGalley. I was not required to write a positive review and the options I have expressed are my own.