September 10, 2015

God Gave Us Sleep


God Gave Us Sleep is filled with short phrasing and lovely pictures that share an adorable story of Little Cub and her resistance to having to go to sleep.

The story begins with Mama Bear calling Little Cub inside for bedtime. Little Cub voices she’d rather stay outside to build her igloo, but Mama Bear explains the importance of sleep. When Little Cub has a fitful night’s rest, she becomes grumpy, and finally learns the importance of a good night’s sleep.

“God gave us rest so we have energy for our day, and patience to enjoy it. And,” she said, her voice hushed, “so we have quiet time to listen to him.”

I like that this children’s book contains no bratty outbursts, no outrageous, or weary parental replies—just a sweet, loving family relationship and their emphasis on God.

To put it simply, this book is adorable! I love the creative bear characters, the spirit of the story, the message, and the child-friendly illustrations. 
There’s not a single thing I don’t like about this story. The gentle pacing and loving message is the perfect bedtime story, making it a great gift for children, parents, grandparents, and caregivers.

This book is going on my keeper shelf. I’d like to collect the entire series of God Gave Us books.

Also available:
God Gave Us You
God Gave Us Two
God Gave Us Christmas
God Gave Us Love
God Gave Us the World
God Gave Us Heaven
God Gave Us So Much
God Gave Us Easter
God Gave Us Angels

  
5 stars

Cover: Love it
Title: Love it
Publisher: WaterBrook Press
Pages: 40
First Lines: " Little Cub!" Mama called. “Time for bed!”


I received a Review copy from Blogging for Books and Edelweiss. I was not required to write a positive review, and the options I have expressed are my own.