September 2, 2015

The Tank Man's Son


The Tank Man’s Son, by Mark Bouman, is an evocative true story that will stay with me for some time. This audiobook carried me through so many emotions and I’ve grown from them. It’s a rich example of the strength of the human spirit, the power of forgiveness, and the beauty of God’s presence in our lives.

"Back in Michigan, my life resembled one of the trees on our land. I could grow in fits and starts, but no matter how high I reached, one day I would be crushed beneath my father’s tank. Resistance was impossible. A broken trunk couldn’t be resilient. And no matter what happened to me, I was, and always would be, the Tank Man’s Son." ~ from the prologue

Audio Narration: Joe Geoffrey does a fine job of narrating this fine piece. His inflection is clear, concise, authoritative, and expressive. (His voice is similar to a newscaster’s language during the 70s and 80s. At least to me.)

Audio Production Quality: The production quality of this audio book is clear, with no distracting background music, static, or skips.

Overall Opinion: This is a compelling and emotional memoir. The story flows, the narration is superb, and the writing is filled with rich history, meaning, and emotion. It contains some potentially offensive language, but due to the time and condition, it is authentic and perhaps even vital.

“…I had little inkling that folks lived other ways, or that my own way of life was soon to change.” ~The Tank Man’s Son

This story makes a powerful impact.


5 Stars

Publisher: christianaudio
Audio Length: 10.5 hours
Pages (printed length): 368

I received a Review Copy from christianaudio. I was not required to write a positive review, and the options I have expressed are my own.