October 14, 2015

The Lost Heiress


The Lost Heiress, by Roseanna M. White, is book 1 in the Ladies of the Manor series. This British Historical is the first I’ve read by this author. I like her writing style, rich with colorful descriptions and an authentic feel.

I was able to sink into the early 1900s and the intriguing life of young Brook Eden and the mystery that surrounded her.

The relationship between nonconformist Brook and her more subdued childhood friend, Justin Wildon is interesting and kept my interest. With that said, the story seemed a little long and I set it down too many times.

“I know you have been praying about this as much as I have been. This is the answer to those prayers, mon amie. This is where the Lord wants you. And I will be with you every step of the way.”

Thank you to BookClubNetwork for providing me a review copy of this book.

4 Stars

Cover: Love
Title: Love
Publisher: Bethany House Publishers
Pages: 448
Pace: Steady/Slow
First Line: Temptation sat before her, compelling as the sea.