October 19, 2015

The Time Chamber (Coloring Book)


The Time Chamber (the second in the series), by best-selling Korean pen and ink artist Daria Song, is filled with childlike wonder and make-believe, but the pages are so intricate that adults will find them both challenging and satisfying.

I’m a child at heart, and have always enjoyed coloring. When my children were little, I’d let them each pick out a coloring book to purchase, and I’d pick one out for myself. It’s a relaxing and enjoyable pastime. It is relaxing to sit back and color (with coloring pencils and gel pens—crayons are too thick for some of these fine lines.)

This magical journey and coloring book, as it’s labeled on the front cover, is entertaining and creative. And how cool is it that the book has a fun storyline to go with it? I plan to complete mine from cover to cover and use it (and the first in the series) as a coffee table/conversation book.

Storyline: At midnight, a red-haired fairy takes a journey outside the time garden in the cuckoo clock, to the human world outside her doors.

Whatever the fairy touched, no matter how mundane, turned into something beautiful and mysterious. ~excerpt from The Time Chamber storyline.

Craftsmanship: The softbound book has a beautiful, colorable slipcover with sparkling gold inlays that give it an elegant appearance. The pages are made from thick cardstock, which assures colors will bleed or show through to the backside of the page.

Suggestions: Using crayons might be a little taxing, since it might be difficult to color within some of the tinier lines, so I suggest using coloring pencils instead.

This coloring book is beautiful and creative. I love this book and the hours of entertainment it will provide.

If you are a creative soul and enjoy coloring and or pen and pencil crafts, I can’t think of a single reason you would not adore this art book (series). The to/from section on the first page makes it easy to present it as a unique and thoughtful gift.

5 Stars!

Cover: Love
Title: Love
Publisher: Watson-Guptill
Pages: 80
Target ages: 10 and up
Release date: October 13, 2015

I received a copy from Blogging for Books. I was not required to write a positive review. The options I have expressed are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am a comment lover!