November 24, 2015

I Prayed For You


I Prayed For You, written by Jean Fischer, and illustrated by Frank Endersby, is an adorable board book with a padded cover, and a heart-touching storyline. It is filled with short phrasing, two-lined prayers that rhyme, and colorful pictures that share an adorable message.
“Dear loving Father in heaven above, send a sweet baby for Mama to love.”
The story begins with Mama Bear’s prayers for her Little Honey Bear blessing, and it follows her throughout baby’s growing up years. She seeks guidance from God through each milestone, and promises Honey Bear, “Even when you are all grown up…your mama will always pray for you.”
“Dear Loving Father in heaven above, thank You so much for this child whom I love. Amen.”
I love how all references to God are capitalized (You, Father, Him, Lord, etc.)

This book is sweet, and can easily pertain to children who are adopted. I love the spirit of the story, the message, and the child-friendly illustrations. There’s not a single thing I don’t like about this children’s book. The gentle pacing and loving message is the perfect bedtime story, making it a great gift for children, parents, grandparents, and caregivers.

5 stars

Cover: Love it
Title: Love it
Publisher: Thomas Nelson
Pages: 20
First Lines: "Before you were born, I asked God for something special. I asked Him for you.”

I received a Review copy from the publisher via BookLook.