November 11, 2015

Martha Stewart’s Appetizers


Mini quiches, meatballs, vegetable dips, and slow-baked cracker snacks! Mmm… There are so many delicious snacks in this book, and the illustrations are mouthwatering.

First of all, I was surprised on the thickness of this appetizer cookbook. It is a hardback with 256 pages and over 200 recipes for snacks and cocktails. Though you can get this in an ebook format, I recommend the physical book. The illustrations are beautiful and inspiring, the pages are glossy and thick, and the cover looks great on my kitchen shelf.

Martha Stewart’s Appetizers is comprised of 5 sections: Snacks, Starters, Small Plates, Stylish Bites, and Sips. Also, in the back of the book, is a section with recipe techniques and a handy index.

Of the dozen or so recipes I’ve tried, Buffalo Chicken Wings (pg. 124) is one of my favorites so far. The recipe is very simple, using basic ingredients, and the wings tastes delicious. 

I also like several of the antipasto recipes in the Small Plates section. These are perfect for small lunch get-togethers—making it look as if I’ve spent more time preparing them than I actually did.

Overall, I really like Martha Stewart’s Appetizers, and plan to be more adventurous with some of the more detailed recipes. Just scanning the pages is enough to make my stomach grumble for grub! And the illustrations inspire me in plating and decorating.


Publisher: Clarkson Potter
Page Count: 256

BloggingForBooks has provided me a copy of this book in exchange for a review.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I am a comment lover!