November 18, 2015

On This Foundation


I love how this book is centered on God’s Word. I’ve learned so much from Biblical Fiction by a story bringing to light things I missed in my Bible studies. I never realized women took part in rebuilding the walls of Jerusalem. It makes perfect sense, for some families may not have had sons to help, and everybody had to take their part in the mission.

On This Foundation, by Lynn Austin, is book 3 (the final one) in The Restoration Chronicles series and involves the story of Nehemiah and his quest to rebuild the walls of Jerusalem. There are many dangers and hardships, but with faith that God will lead the way he, and others, continue on.

What a beautiful retelling of this Biblical story! It is evident that Ms. Austin did a significant amount of research and considerable dedication went into writing this book. History, infused with the author’s imagination, turns this story into a powerful, emotive, and memorable novel.

“Nehemiah felt a powerful anger building inside him as the picture of the city’s helplessness grew clearer. Security was his livelihood, his passion.” ~Quote from the book


My knowledge of Nehemiah and his faith has grown from reading this book, and my heart is touched. The author has recreated a beautiful story and I can’t wait to read the other books in the series.

Cover: Like
Title: Like
Publisher: Bethany House Publishers
Pages: 481
Pace: Steady

I received a Review Copy from the publisher.