December 2, 2015

Every Girl Gets Confused



Every Girl Gets Confused, by Janice Thompson, is the second book in The Brides With Style series. It focuses on the life of Katie Fisher and takes place in Texas.

I’m not a huge fan of the somewhat cheesy cover art, but it’s rather fitting for this surprisingly witty, engaging Hallmark/Lifetime movie type of read.

I somehow landed on the cover of Texas Bride magazine wearing an exquisite gown that had been specifically designed for me by none other than Nadia James, Texas’s most renowned dress designer. ~excerpt

I haven’t read the first book of this series, but I found myself wishing I had. That’s not to say this can’t be enjoyed as a stand-alone, but I feel it might have been easier to connect with the characters if I had a little more background.

I pushed the button on the phone and tried to offer the most normal-sounding hello that a once-jilted girlfriend who’d just been caught kissing a new fella could give. ~excerpt

Overall, this was a fun, entertaining, quick read. The author has a witty writing voice and kept my attention throughout.

Cover: Don't love
Title: Okay
Publisher: Revell
Pages: 338
First Line: If anyone had told this small-town, freckle-faced girl that she’d end up gracing the cover of a big-city bridal magazine wearing the world’s most beautiful wedding gown, she would’ve said they were crazy.

I received a Review Copy from the publisher.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am a comment lover!