May 18, 2016

Sister Dear


Sister Dear, by Laura McNeill, is an interesting story, and I was instantly pulled in, but still it wasn’t fully what I expected. I love reading Christian fiction, and thought this story fell in that category—but I found very little Christianity in it.

The premise, to me, is of perseverance and discovering the truth. While parts of the plot are riveting, there are others that seemed a little over the top, and some characters fell flat.

I was intrigued by this mystery, and though I knew certain aspects early on, I searched for the impetus, keeping me turning the pages. I also enjoyed the different points of view, since every single person in a situation has their own way of perceiving it.

All in all, this was an interesting read. Allie Marshall is a unique character and I cared about her dilemma. The writing was clever and appealing, and the pacing was well governed. I only wish the Christian aspect was a little more present, and that the story ended a bit sooner than it did.  

4 Stars

Cover: Like
Title: Love
Publisher: Thomas Nelson
Pages: 400
Pace: Steady
First Lines: In her final minutes at Arrendale State Prison, Allie Marshall’s body pulsed with tension.

I received a Review Copy from BookLook.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I am a comment lover!