May 26, 2016

Together at the Table


A Novel of Lost Love and Second Helpings

Have you ever read a book that takes place in another part of the world, and it makes you want to travel? Well, Together at the Table, by Hillary Manton Lodge, makes me want to cook, and eat. I practically tasted the dishes, and savored this story. Though this is the third installment of the Two Blue Doors series, it does well as a stand-alone.

This is an enchanting story of Juliette D’Alisa, who, after reading her grandmother’s letters from the past, goes on a quest to find answers about her family history, to (partly) avoid her love-issues in the present day.

I have to say, Juliette’s restaurant business and the recipes included in the book, have me fantasizing about having my own cooking business. Now, that’s quite a feat, because I rarely use our stove or oven. Still, I do plan to try out some of the yummy recipes included.

I can’t wait to read more of this author’s work. Her writing style is easy and smooth, and kept me intrigued throughout. There were no gaping holes or lagging parts that didn’t move the story forward. I enjoyed the plot, the setting, and the characters. And the flavors are icing on the cake. ;)


Cover: Love
Title: Love
Publisher: Waterbrook
Pages: 320
Pace: Steady
First Lines: Dear Neil, I’ve started this e-mail several times, and I know that doesn’t mean a lot because you’ve yet to receive a completed draft, but it’s true. We celebrated the three-month anniversary of Two Blue Doors last week.

I received Review Copies from BloggingForBooks and NetGalley.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am a comment lover!