June 25, 2016

Evenings With Tozer



“I will bless the Lord, who hath given me counsel: my reins also instruct me in the night seasons.” ~Psalm16:7

Evenings With Tozer, by A. W. Tozer, contains 366 daily, simple, one-page devotions that are powerful and meaningful.

What a lovely way to end each day—in devotional readings that guides us in our Christian life and ultimately brings us closer to God. Though the author died in the early sixties, his teachings are still timely and stir the reader’s heart.

Each devotional reading is dated and contains a descriptive title, Scripture verse (KJV), and single-page devotion. The messages are heart stirring, conscience pricking, and soul edifying. A nightly reading from Tozer’s writings closes each day in reverence and communion with our Lord

I really like the organization, the variation of messages, and the way each devotion is presented. The author uses smooth flowing, almost poetic language that I really enjoy. Below is an example from the June 20th reading:

The whole universe is alive with God’s life, and He is no strange or foreign God, but the familiar Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, whose love has for these thousands of years enfolded the sinful race of man.

This book contains powerful messages of wonder, guidance, and wisdom. I plan to purchase Mornings With Tozer, also, for a double daily dose of blessings.


4 Stars

Cover: Like
Title: Like
Publisher: Moody Publishers
Pages: 416


I received a Review Copy from MPNews.