September 1, 2016

Home on the Range



Home on the Range, by Ruth Logan Herne, is the second book in the Double S Ranch series. It does well as a stand-alone, but I can’t wait to backtrack and read book one: Back in the Saddle.

The cover art is delightful, and the story behind it is just as charming. Reminiscent of the Bible story of the prodigal son, Home on the Range deals with loss, guilt, hope, healing, and grace.

I can relate to the hero, Nick Stafford, and sympathize with his fears, decisions, and troubles. With a mixture of stubbornness and strength, he is my kind of cowboy.

This dramatic story has enough twists and treasures to keep me up late at night, and has created a new fan of Ms. Herne. It’s nice to be rewarded for my lack of sleep.

4 Stars

Cover: Love
Title: Love
Publisher: Multnomah
Pages: 320
ISBN: 978-1601427786


I received a Review Copy from the publisher via BloggingForBooks.