September 1, 2016

The Secrets Sisters Keep


The Secrets Sisters Keep, by Sinead Moriarty, is the second book in the Devlin Sisters series. I have not read the first book, but this works as a stand-alone. I must say, I think I might have enjoyed this one more if I was previously introduced to this family and their relationships, so I recommend reading the first book, Me and My Sisters.

Eventually, I cared about the characters, and enjoyed the stick-togetherness of sisterhood, but it took me a bit longer than I like to get there.

Full in dialogue and the dynamics of the sister’s relationships are the strong points. Anyone who has sisters can probably relate to each girl’s differences and stresses—which are more like unshared issues, rather than secrets (in my opinion.)

With fun parts and touching accounts, I enjoyed this story overall, but it didn’t grab me or keep me up late at night reading.

3 Stars

Cover: Love
Title: Love
ISBN: 978-1786810519


I received a Review Copy from Bookouture via NetGalley.