September 29, 2016

Your Marriage Masterpiece


“Let us lift the veil and explore the great Artist’s work. Perhaps we can discover what our marriages should look like and how they can shine in their intended colors.” ~excerpt from prologue, Restoring the Masterpiece


Your Marriage Masterpiece is a well-structured look at how God intended marriage to shine, and how our culture has caused it to lose its luster. Marriage is like a house—it will either thrive on a sturdy foundation, or, if built upon the sand, will crumble and fall.

In all honesty, the contents of this book weren’t at all what I expected. I had the notion that it would focus on keeping our marriages strong and fulfilling. In a sense, it is. But I feel it focuses more on marriages that are in trouble. Dealing with strong issues with commitment and selfishness, etc. Rather than an uplifting encouraging pick-me-up, it is more of a guide to strengthen a failing or humdrum marriage.

I’m in a very happy and fulfilling marriage, centered on God, family, and faith, so I didn’t relate to many of the sections of this book, but, and that’s a big BUT, I’ve no doubt this book can change the outlook of a troubled marriage.

I like the premise of the book, and enjoyed many of the story examples. For instance:

“Place me like a seal over your heart, like a seal on your arm; for love is as strong as death, its jealousy as unyielding as the grave. It burns like blazing fire, like a mighty flame. Many waters cannot quench love; rivers cannot wash it away.” ~excerpt from Chapter 8, The Greatest Love Story of All Time


If you are dealing with difficult issues in your marriage, or know someone who is, this book is a valuable tool in helping you see the big picture. The masterpiece God created can be restored.

3 Stars

Cover: Like
Title: Like
Publisher: Bethany House Publishers
Pages: 288
Series: Focus on the Family Marriage
First Line (prologue): Across the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel spans one of the greatest artistic triumphs in history.

I received a review copy from the publisher.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I am a comment lover!