October 6, 2016

In Such Good Company


If you’re a Gen-Xer then you’re most likely familiar with Carol Burnett’s comedy show. It was a favorite of mine growing up and I still enjoy seeing her on occasional shows and interviews. In Such Good Company, I revisited the show and Carol’s witty and outrageous guests.

The iconic ‘cleaning lady’ illustration, alongside Carol herself, brings a nostalgic air to the cover, and the photos included throughout the book give it added appeal.  I enjoyed re-familiarizing myself with some of my favorite episodes, as well as the fun comedians and regulars (such as favorites, Tim Conway and Harvey Korman) of the award-winning variety show. I miss this kind of entertainment.

I can’t imagine any Carol Burnett’s fans not enjoying this book. The scripts were a little much, but I’m happy to have read this book.

4 Stars!

Cover: Love
Title: Love
Publisher: Crown Archetype
Pages: 320
ISBN: 978-1101904657
First Line: When I was growing up, theater and music were my first loves, so my original show business goals revolved around being in musical comedies on Broadway, like Ethel Merman and Mary Martin.


I received an advanced reader copy of this book from the publisher via BloggingForBooks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am a comment lover!