January 19, 2017

The Willow Basket


Purchase The Willow Basket at Amazon

So, maybe the experience in the attic wasn’t scary at all. Maybe it was meant to console me. Which brought up another question: Why would someone like me receive such an extraordinary gift? ~excerpt



The Willow Basket, by Adrienne Peterson, centers on Cecilia (Ceci) Bouchard and two women she is connected to from the past by a unique willow basket. This isn’t the usual genre that I read, and it took a bit of getting used to before I sunk into it, but it’s an interesting tale that makes you think…”what if…”

If you enjoy historical fiction, or are fascinated by family ancestry, I think you’ll enjoy this book. The storyline flows nicely and the characters are easy to sympathize for. I like how the transitions between the past and present storylines aren’t jarring, allowing the flow to continue seamlessly. The spiritual and paranormal aspect of the story is unique, and adds so much to fullness of the story.

Not only was I entertained, but also made more familiar with the struggles and prejudices the early 1800s Irish immigrants endured, as well as the unrest during the Mexican-American war of the mid-1800s.

It is evident the author did her research, due to the historical significance conveyed and the spiritual elements that imbue the story.


4 stars

Cover: Like it
Title: Like it
Publisher: CreateSpace
Pages: 368
First lines: All are alive. Strange thought to appear out of nowhere. Chilling the way it hit me along with the waft of stale air from inside the old steamer trunk.
I received a complimentary copy from the publisher through the Speakeasy network. I was not required to write a review.
#TheWillowBasketSpeakeasy