January 9, 2017

You Carried Me


Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart” Jeremiah 1:5 (NIV)

I can’t imagine finding out I was the result of a botched abortion. Especially receiving this news during teenage years, when it’s more difficult to process things due to all the other emotional and physical changes going on.

Melissa Ohden does a spectacular job of conveying her emotions upon this discovery, and the difficulties in her path as she disclosed her innermost feelings and pro-life beliefs as an advocate for women’s rights.

I was especially touched by what a young girl in this book revealed about her feelings on life– (paraphrasing) a baby becomes a person the moment they are conceived.

You Carried Me is a powerful, emotional, inspiring book that deals with acceptance, repentance, and forgiveness. A powerful memoir that shows we all have a purpose in God’s divine plan.

5 Stars

Cover: Love
Title: Love
Publisher: Plough Publishing House
Pages: 184
Pace: Steady/Fast
ISBN: 978-0874867886
First Lines: A thick manila envelope arrived at my home in Sioux City with the afternoon mail one sunny day in May 2007. I knew without even looking at the return address that it came from the University of Iowa Hospitals Iowa City and contained the medical records that would answer some of the questions I had been agonizing over most of my life.
I received a complimentary copy from the publisher via Handlebar.