April 12, 2017

Home


This is one of the (very) few present tense books that I’ve read and I fully enjoyed. With multiple points of view, a fascinating and unique plot, and nicely researched subplots, Home is a deeply emotional and enriching read.

Although Home is the first novel I’ve read by Ginny L. Yttrup, I consider myself a fan. I love her smooth writing style, fully developed characters and the spirituality she weaves throughout her storytelling. Most of all, I love the emotions she imprints on her readers’ hearts.

The relationship between Melanie and Craig is strained. Craig’s work and financial responsibilities keep him occupied, and Melanie is more invested in the ideal world within the novel she is writing than in reality. They both long for something…for the fullness, attentiveness, and closeness of their youthful years. I became fully invested in them and yearned for a good outcome.

I became enveloped in their neighbors’ story as well. Jill and Marcos deal with completely different concerns. Though this couple’s love is stable, a serious thorn in their lives must be addressed.

Dealing with loneliness, grief, deception, mental illness, and spiritual restoration, this story expertly addresses a variety of women’s issues and illuminates the path to healing…and home.


5 Stars

Cover: Love
Title: Love
Pages: 320
Publisher: Shiloh Run Press
ISBN: 978-1634099554
First Lines: I run away. From conflict. From pain. From reality.
I received a complimentary copy of this book from Barbour Publishing (and NetGalley) and was under no obligation to post a review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am a comment lover!