April 23, 2017

The Hideaway


The charming cover art drew me to this book, and the setting and characters pulled me in completely. I’m so happy to be introduced to Lauren Denton’s work. This is a wonderful debut.

The Hideaway is filled with so much of what I adore in fiction—dual time-frames, a southern setting, small town charm, quirky, interesting characters, and a whole lot of heart.

It’s so easy to become fully absorbed into this book. I feel like I’ve visited the Hideaway and made friends with the people of Sweet Bay, Alabama. Both storylines are so easy to sink into. Mags is a strong and unique soul with a hidden past. Her granddaughter, Sara, uproots her life to fulfill Mags last wishes, and learns so much about Mags, as well as herself.

This well-written story of friendship, family, and belonging, is sure to touch the deepest parts of your heart. If you like women’s fiction, southern fiction, and stories that showcase undying love, this is the book for you.

I can’t wait to read more of Ms. Denton’s work.

5 Stars

Cover: Love
Title: Love
Pages: 352
Publisher: Thomas Nelson
ISBN: 978-0718084226
First Line: Sunsets in Sweet Bay have always made me feel a little like a child.

I received a complimentary copy of this book from Booklook and NetGalley and was under no obligation to post a review.