April 3, 2017

To the Farthest Shores



I like books that meld spirituality, history, and romance. To the Farthest Shores is a nice mix, with vivid imagery and unique characters.

Speaking of characters, I wasn’t sure if I liked Jenny in the beginning, but her faults were believable and I grew closer to her as the story progressed. There were also times that I didn’t like Ryan very much. I wanted to kick him in the pants at times, but I still managed to sympathize with him and was happy with his progression.

I enjoyed Ms. Camden’s writing style and the believability she instills in her characters. Her descriptions are solid, and effectively transported me to the early 1900s.

4 Stars!


Cover: Love
Title: Love
Pages: 337
Publisher: Bethany House
First Line (Prologue): Jenny Bennett woke as pebbles clattered against her window.
I received a complimentary copy of this book from NetGalley.