May 19, 2017

My Heart Belongs in the Superstition Mountains: Carmela's Quandary




My Heart Belongs in the Superstition Mountains: Carmela’s Quandry is the second book I’ve read in this series. (I read My Heart Belongs in Fort Bliss, Texas: Priscilla’s Reveille earlier this year – my review is here.) One thing I love about these books is they are fast reads with plenty of oomph and twists.

This story took me to the Superstition Mountains in Tucson, Arizona during the mid 1800s. The author does a nice job of description (without overdoing it) where the reader can sink into the scene, travel the desert trail, smell the arid scent, and experience times past in the Old West.

Carmela’s Quandry is a sweet romantic western, written in Carmela Wade’s point of view as well as her romantic interest’s, U.S. Marshall Freeland McKay. It felt more like a women’s fiction story (my favorite genre) taking place in the west, to me, because I was mainly invested in her dilemmas and internal growth. I also love the vein of faith that flows throughout this book, and theme of overcoming and conquering the past.



4 Stars

Cover: Like
Title: Like
Pages: 304
Publisher: Barbour Books
ISBN: 978-1683220077
First Lines: “You get out there, and I mean now.” Uncle Silas glared at Carmela, his white eyebrows nearly meeting over his thin nose.
I received a complimentary copy of this book from Barbour Publishing and NetGalley and was under no obligation to post a review.