May 6, 2017

The Whole Thing Together




I really like the title and cover of The Whole Thing Together. The cover art and discovering the author also wrote The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants series is what initially piqued my interest in reading this.

One thing that keeps me from completing a book is when it confuses me. This book has too many characters and too many points of view for me to keep track of. The story feels disjointed and the characters fall a bit flat.

I didn’t finish (DNF) reading The Whole Thing Together. I don’t usually read YA, but even so, the writing style just didn’t fully capture me.

Perhaps if I’d stayed with it longer it may have redeemed itself, but I had a hard time figuring out who was who, who’s point of view I was reading, and I wasn’t drawn to any particular character. I like a book that I don’t want to put down, but unfortunately, this one I did.

DNF

Cover: Love
Title: Love
Pages: 304
Publisher: Delacorte Press
ISBN: 978-0385736893
First Line: The smell of home for him, more than anything else, was the smell of a girl he didn’t know.
I received a complimentary copy of this book from BloggingForBooks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am a comment lover!